GILLIAN A MICHAEL & ASSOCIATES – PRIVACY NOTICE
John Bell & Croyden Pharmacy, 50-54 Wigmore Street, London, W1U 2AU
USER PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
This user privacy and data protection notice ensures Gillian A Michael & Associates:
- Complies with data protection law and follow good practice
- Protects the rights of the public visiting our website
- Is open about how it stores and processes individuals’ data
- Protects itself from the risks of a data breach
The clinic has nominated a Data Controller within this practice – Gillian Michael.
DATA HELD & PROCESSES
Gillian A Michael & Associates holds personal information as follows:
- Appointment purposes, we will take your contact details.
- Clinical notes. The notes are securely stored on the clinic premises, this is a basic requirement of our clinical professional standards. The notes contain personal information, including your medical history and details of any previous and current treatments.
- All clinical records are only available to authorised clinicians and our receptionists.
- Clinical notes no longer in use are securely archived for 2 years and securely destroyed on-site by a specialist company after eight years.
- If the patient is a child, to the age of 16, we are required to keep records for a longer period, of 25 years.
- This clinic does not share any of your contact details to third parties.
- Unless consent is provided should a medical report be required as part of your treatment, this clinic will never share any of your clinical records.
- Your personal data is not used for any automated profiling purpose.
TERMINATION OF TREATMENT
We are required to keep notes related to treatments. Any withdrawal of treatment consent, would result in termination of your treatment. However, you also have the right to have your personal data deleted on request and to withdraw treatment consent.
Alongside our internal processes, our website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
This site’s compliance with the above legislation, all of which are stringent in nature, means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation.
PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT THIS WEBSITE COLLECTS AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
This website collects and uses information for the following reasons:
Site visitation tracking
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor.
OUR THIRD PARTY DATA PROCESSORS
Third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out in Section 2. These third parties are based in the USA and are EU-U.S Privacy Shield compliant.
ABOUT THIS WEBSITE’S SERVER
This website is hosted by United Hosting within a UK data centre located just outside London.
All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
RIGHT TO VIEW RECORDS
You have the right to see your clinical records and any correspondence pertaining to your treatments. You can do this by contacting the Data Controller. Gillian A Michael & Associates will assist in this process with no ill effect to your ongoing treatment.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice may change from time to time inline with legislation. We will not explicitly inform our patients or website users of these changes. Instead, we recommend that you check this page occasionally for any notice changes.
If you have any concerns regarding how this clinic manages your personal data, you are entitled to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If there are any queries regarding how we store your data or any other issues regarding data protection at this clinic, please speak with Gillian Michael – 020 7935 7877.